Tuesday, June 2, 2009

When I was a kid...

I'm turning 40 in a couple of months, yikes! So I'm getting a little reminescent of my childhood in the 70's and things that made me smile. I have many fond memories. Swimming until my hair turned green, swim team, Fisher Price Little People, Sunshine Family Dolls, Barbies, camping, Bazooka bubblegum, playing house and school, my Big Wheel, hula hoop, little pizzas, Koolaid, popsicles, fudgcicles, creamsicles... It would be 110 degrees outside, but I didn't care, it didn't faze me. All the kids would be outside, playing with sticks and dirt. I would collect those black beetle bugs and put them in the jar. I caught hundreds of them. One day I decided to play God and smash them... That was a bit mean of me.











2 comments:

  1. Lori,

    I remember playing with those black beetles in the summertime when we lived in Scottsdale. Great memories!!

    Sharon Browder-Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon! I'm so glad you got here. Thanks for reading. Yes, those black beetles were very docile and cool. I will never forget smashing like 100's of them and feeling bad afterwards. Now my girls collect them sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving comments!