Friday, September 14, 2012

Progresso Recipe Starters



I'm a Bzz Agent so I got to try Progresso Recipe Starters creamy Parmesan basil cooking sauce.  I was super excited to get my bzz kit the other day.  I immediately opened it up and found the can of Progresso Recipe Starter.  At first I'm like this is really weird, what will I do with it?  But then went to their website and found a bunch of recipes to try with the sauces, each looked really amazing and easy, just needed basic ingredients and the can of sauce.  I decided on the recipe on the label, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, it sounded good and easy and I had all the stuff except the half and half.  I used milk instead.  I'm sure it would have been really really yummy with half and half but it was still excellent with milk, the flavor was great. 

I used whole wheat spaghetti instead of fettucine because that is what I had on hand, chicken tenders cut up, butter, fresh garlic cloves, Progresso Recipe Starters, parmesan and milk.  YUM.  My house smelled fantastic like an italian restaurant.  Seriously we were all salvitating in anticipation.  Now my picture doesn't do this justice.  I'm not a professional photographer, this clearly needs some sprigs of parsley or cherry tomatoes to add color and design.  But the taste is the most important.  I am looking forward to trying the other flavors.  I saw you can make tuna casseroles and all sorts of classic easy dishes with these sauces. 

Creamy Chicken Alfredo
prep time: 10 min, start to finish 30 minutes

You will need:
8 oz uncooked fettucine
1 package 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 in pieces
2 TBS butter
3 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 can (18 oz) Progresso Recipe Starters creamy Parmesan Basil cooking sauce
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup whipping cream or half and half. 

Directions:
1.  Cook and drain fettucine as directed on package.
2.  In 12-inch skillet heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, cook chicken sprinle with salt and pepper.  Cook until done.
Add butter and garlic, cook until garlic is softened, stir in recipe starters, parmesan cheese and cream.  Simmer 5-8 minutes, stir occasionally, until well blended. 
3.  Serve over fettucine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments!